This brief explores the current state and federal policy landscape regarding gender affirming services for youth and the implications of restrictive state laws.
This report, based on a nationally representative survey, provides a comprehensive overview of LGBT+ people’s experiences with health and health care access. It explores general well-being, experiences engaging in the health system, sexual and reproductive health care, and the impact of COVID-19 pandemic, among other issues.
This analysis examines the reported experiences among self-identified LGBT individuals based two months of KFF COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor reports and finds that LGBT people have experienced the COVID-19 pandemic differently than non-LGBT people, including being harder hit in some areas.
This brief examines the proposed domestic HIV funding included in the White House’s fiscal year 2024 budget request, including the Ending the HIV Epidemic initiative. It includes comparisons to current funding levels.
This explainer provides an overview of the federal “Ending the HIV Epidemic” initiative and explores issues that might mitigate or facilitate its success.
This tracker provides up-to-date data on federal Ending the HIV Epidemic (EHE) funding, including an overview of funding mechanisms by year, agency, grant mechanism, and jurisdiction.
- the basics This updated fact sheet provides the latest data on the U.S. HIV epidemic, including key trends over time, impact by region and population, and information on the U.S. government’s response.
- medicaidThis fact sheet provides an overview of the role of Medicaid for people with HIV, including trends and characteristics of beneficiaries, spending, services and other issues.
- HIV testingHIV testing is integral to HIV prevention, treatment, and care. This fact sheet presents key facts about HIV testing statistics, requirements, sites, and insurance coverage.
- antiretroviralsLearn more about AIDS Drug Assistance Programs (ADAPs), which provide HIV-related prescription drugs to low-income people with HIV/AIDS who have limited or no prescription drug coverage.
This fact sheet provides an overview of the Ryan White Program, the largest HIV-specific federal grant program in the United States.
- This fact sheet looks at the history, funding, and future outlook of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the U.S. government’s major global initiative to combat HIV/AIDS.
This hub brings together key PEPFAR policy resources – from KFF, the U.S. government, and others – that can be used to inform policy discussions and research. More items will be added to the hub over time.
This updated fact sheet provides the latest data on the global HIV/AIDS epidemic, including impact by region, treatment and prevention efforts, and an overview of the U.S. and global responses to the epidemic.
- The Global HIV/AIDS Timeline is designed to serve as an ongoing reference tool for the many political, scientific, cultural, and community developments that have occurred over the history of the epidemic.